Brooklynn had an appointment with her ENT (Ear, Nose, & Throat) Doctor today and our sweet girl is going to be having surgery. Brooklynn has had persistent ear infections since she was born but they have got progressively worse in the last year so we went in expecting to setup an appointment for tubes. Talking to the doctor I mentioned she had also in the last year had a persistent runny nose and cough that didn't seem to be allergy related as it was year round and we have no pets. He took a look and she has enlarged Adenoids. Adenoids are apparently kind of like tonsils but more in your nasal canal. Well the enlargement isn't allowing her fluids from her ear and nose to drain appropriately so she's going to have them removed on top of having the tubes put in both ears. She will need general anesthetic, breathing tube, post-op pain medication, the whole nine yards. I understand this might not be a big deal but as a mom this is my first experience with anything like this. Luckily I've been able to see what a trooper Andrew has been and that's definitely helped me to have some perspective; but if you could keep her in your thoughts on Tuesday the 13 I would really appreciate it!!
Thank you, wish us luck!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment