Thursday, June 16, 2011

In the good old Summertime!

Summer is such a fun time of year & kids make it just that much better!  Anyone who knows me knows that I am pretty much 4th of July fanatic.  It's probably my favorite holiday & time of the year!  I love celebrating the brave people that put their lives on the line for us & showing them our gratitude; I love the parades, the patriotic songs/decor, the fireworks, the festivals, the family togetherness...  And around here it seems that instead of just one weekend of that we get about 3 weeks of it, starting with Orem City Summerfest in June.

So of course we went....

 Me & the Girls always love the giant slide!
 Apparently Jer was modeling for this picture, ha ha!
 Not the best picture, considering the glare & the garbage can but oh well!
Cute Girls!
 Brooklynn & Brynlee loved all the roller coaster rides!


 Boston loved it when we first got to the carnival, all the bright lights & people.
 She soon after decided she was not such a fan. 

 The girls kept waving their imaginary cowgirl hats & yelling "yeehaw" on the carousel!
So cute!


 
 Apparently the water was pretty mesmerizing because this was the closest to "look at the camera" I was getting!

The festival is two days & we didn't use all our tickets the first day so of course we had to come back...

 Of Course our girls picked the motorcycle ride!!
 We walked all over trying to find the face painting as I have convinced my children that this is a necessary part of any festival!  But we couldn't find one anywhere so we had to content ourselves with "glitter tattoos."  Which aren't really tattoos but really pretty much false eyelash glue covered in glitter designs.

 Bynlee picked Dora & Brooklynn picked a Peace Sign
As we were leaving the booth we found a face painter almost right across from the glitter booth, ha ha!
 This is also my fault!  I am all about the little glow in the dark bracelets & necklaces so when I saw some kids with these I had to get some!
 They looked like too much fun... I couldn't help myself!
 Surprisingly Boston absolutely loved the fireworks!  
Even Brynlee didn't freak out this year!!

Another fun part of Summer is the warm weather, which we are finally beginning to see!  So we made a stop at the Highland Splash Pad!

 I cannot get used to seeing Boston sitting up!

 The serious picture!
 The crazy picture!
 Brooklynn got a kick out of the water coming out of the rocks!




 Me & my little munchkin!

 She wasn't sure what she thought at first but Bryn soon fell in love with this place!

 Brynlee karate chopping the water!
 Waiting for her moment...
 The wind up...
And the kick!!
It was hilarious watching Bryn karate kicking the water every time it shot up!
 This place was actually really fun!

So needless to say Summer is in full swing around here & we are keeping busy!  I hope your summer is just as fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment