Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trick-or-Treat

The cold weather has finally come to stay & the girls are not too happy about that!  I keep reminding them that while this means saying goodbye to bikes & scooters & bugs, it means that fun things like Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas are coming up.  So far I'm the only one convinced but they'll come around.  Brooklynn is especially heartbroken that she will have to wait until Spring to play with her fuzzy little caterpillar friends again.


 This was her "dancing caterpillar"!
Saying goodbye to these little guys is sad for the girls but great for me; now I won't constantly be out of tupper-wear or as the girls call them "habitats"!

We've been busy getting ready for Halloween....

Dressing up....





Carving Pumpkins...


Brooklynn wasn't sure what she thought of the pumpkin insides!

Brynlee didn't really care to scrape out the insides either, but she didn't mind swinging them around & making a mess!


Jer got a little adventurous this year & whipped out his jig-saw to speed up the process. 

 I teased him so much but had to eat my words later because the pumpkins turned out AMAZING & in a fraction of the time!

 Boston's Ghost
 Brynlee's Silly Face
 Brooklynn's Snow White
 My Ghost in the Graveyard (I carved mine the old fashioned way, I'm a stickler for tradition!)
And last but not least...  Jer's Spooky Spider

Last night we had a trunk-or-treat with our neighborhood, tonight the girls got to go to the Radio Disney trick-or-treat party at the Riverwoods Mall & then they get to go trick-or-treat in both grandparent's neighborhoods Monday night! 


They girls should have more than enought candy to get them to Christmas! 

Speaking of Chistmas I am sooooooo excited!  I've had Christmas music playing for about a week now & already started shopping!  Thanksgiving & Christmas have got to be the best time of year, tons of family, food & shopping!   

No comments:

Post a Comment